Thursday, March 20, 2014

Ready for the DIVERGENT movie!

So, it's Divergent movie time!!! My staff and students are so excited. We had our t-shirt decorating day last week and it was way more successful (and stressful!) than I anticipated. I had over 25 students attend the after school event and more come in at lunch throughout the week. Check out some of the awesome shirts they made:






And there were so many more! I even decorated a tote bag!

Basically it was a ton of fun but if I did it again I'd have more parameters on when students could come in and how much decorating they could do! It went on during lunch and study hall for a week! Still, my students are going to look amazing at the movie! And of course Faction Friday will be a win...

I've already had a number of staff and students fill me in on their faction outfits :) Plus, we have faction stickers and temporary tattoos!

I was able to see the movie in Chicago earlier in March and I loved it (read about it here!) I was also super lucky and got TWO movie posters signed by Veronica Roth to use as giveaways with my students. How cool is that?!?!?

So, how am I giving these away? Students who have seen the movie or read the book can complete a "mini review" of either one. I'll draw a winner from the book reviews and one from the movie reviews. 
I haven't decided how long I'll accept entries. Probably a month or so to give the students time to see the movie. 

So, yeah. We are SUPER excited about the movie. Any other ideas for activities we could do? Let me know in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment